If that is your plan for the future, you should know the good and the bad of having a house facing the sea, because I think that not everything is as great as it seems.
- It’s a great investment: Owning a beach house is definitely a good investment. If you maintain it correctly, you can sell it when you need it and get (or increase) your money.
- Guaranteed vacations: It’s the best of everything! Having a house on the beach ensures you a comfortable place to spend the summer, you don’t need anything else. It will be a place where you can just spend the summer months and enjoy sporadic getaways or live all year round. Everything sounds perfect!
- You can rent it: And if you don’t want to live there all year round, you can rent it and take advantage of a good income. If there is a summer that you cannot go, you rent it and that’s it.
- The area can get crowded with tourists: That’s the bad thing about the beach. Although you dream of deserted beaches, the reality is not so. Tourist areas are full of vacationers who may alter your idea of peace and tranquility.
- It needs a higher maintenance: The maintenance of a house facing the sea is much more expensive than that of a remote one. The humid environment and the saltpeter of the sea are unforgiving.
- Houses on the coast are more expensive: It is not so easy to buy a house on the beach. The truth is that they are more expensive than those that are far away.